Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
JaYNe RULES.... ... the ToiLET.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
// between angels. insert img src before /div.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com





Image hosted by Photobucket.com


* JaYNe *
17 Jan
Twenty 6
HMPS | SNGS | NJC | NTU


* Craze *
KickBoxing
Hip-hop dancing
Jogging
Piyogilates
Wii
PSP
DS
Sophie Kinsella
Health Magz
Newsweek
Guys who look good in PINK



* Wishes *
White Honda FIT
Waffle maker
Lasik
An Enormous House



* Goals *
Full Marathon
Masters in anything
Thread Water
Park a car



* Reads *

Photobucket


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Friday, February 03, 2006

 

Happy Chinese Wang Wang Yr!

This year, Chinese New Year means (to me)... ...

1. Meat balls, meat balls and more meat balls
2. 16 points from Black Jack
3. Midnight cny shopping @ Chong Pang. We bought a handful of parsley and a loaf of bread. It was fun.
3. Flying Salmon, colourful veges and bloated crackers darting furiously in all directions landing haphazardly on the poor table
4. Christmas Tree
5. Loads of accessories - I was dressed in them. I looked like a well-decorated Christmas Tree
6. Mahjong Demo followed by Lecture
8. Almond, cornflake and cashew nut cookies
9. Toto $10million Ang Pow draw (I bought a toto ticket! The second in my entire life! I feel lucky lucky lucky *rubs hands and smirks wryly*)
10. Crysanthemum tea and lemon barley
11. MAC Glitter Turquoise Eyeliner


Reunion Dinner 2006
Everyone agreed this year's reunion dinner was the most delicious one throughout the family's history. Check this out baby.


Menu
1. Broccolli stewed with fresh abalone and scallops
2. Prawn Omelette lightly fried with finely diced onion
3. Herbal Ginseng Chicken Soup
4. Sharks' Fins
5. Steamed Ngor He with Sesame Oil (Threadfin! I finally know the English term for it!)

All 5 dishes were MY very own ideas! And I prepared them all with the help of my wonderful mummy! She insisted that I did most of the work because "Zen zen (my nickname) cook one nobody dare to complain but mummy cook one everyone will criticise"

Which is true really. Everyone in my family almost always give the thumbs and toes up for my cooking cos they understand me really well- that I'll probably never have the heart to cook again if I hear a seemingly ugly comment about my cooking. I mean I spent almost 5 hrs preparing all the food and I eat less than a quarter of it. I'm really going the extra mile cos I love them all! Every bite that they're savouring is the fruit of my blood and sweat okai. As the chinese saying goes, "wo mei you gong lao ye you ku lao"!!

But of cos it helps that my cooking is yummilicious and there isn't much anyone can pick on anywayz. *smirks*

Retreat and Recipes
The retreat @ Legends and Sunrice just before new year was really cool! Took a walk at the Fort Canning Spice Garden, drank lemongrass tea and learnt to cook the following dishes. And 2 of them happen to be my all-time-faves!

Healthy Popiah- our competition item

Sambal Sting Ray - My #1 Fave Local Food

Laksa - My #2 Fave Local Food


Chinese New Year

Bai Nian on New Year Day 1

Inside Daddy's van on New Yr Day 2

Direct Link to this Post

Image hosted by Photobucket.com @ 11:29 PM

0 . . Comments

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home