Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
JaYNe RULES.... ... the ToiLET.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
// between angels. insert img src before /div.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com





Image hosted by Photobucket.com


* JaYNe *
17 Jan
Twenty 6
HMPS | SNGS | NJC | NTU


* Craze *
KickBoxing
Hip-hop dancing
Jogging
Piyogilates
Wii
PSP
DS
Sophie Kinsella
Health Magz
Newsweek
Guys who look good in PINK



* Wishes *
White Honda FIT
Waffle maker
Lasik
An Enormous House



* Goals *
Full Marathon
Masters in anything
Thread Water
Park a car



* Reads *

Photobucket


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Friday, May 12, 2006

 

~ Systems Thinking & Me ~

Oh Gosh. I haven't had the chance to get into the swing of things in Singapore and here I am planning for my next Bangkok trip again.

Again.

In Systems Thinking, this is known as the vicious cycle. To effectively analyse the root cause of the problem, I applied the 5 Whys as follows:


1. Why do I frequent Bangkok? Cos I've been cursed with the Sawadiko Spell.
2. Why am I on the Sawadiko Spell? A prince has yet to save me and take me somewhere far far away.
3. Why hasn't a prince appear? I am not thin enough.
4. Why am I not thin enough? I eat more than I burn.
5. Why do I eat more than I burn? I'm greedy and I don't do enough exercise.

And so the link looks like this

Exercise & Diet --> Calories --> Weight ---> Prince ---> Bangkok

You may of course challenge the link between Weight and Prince. Surely not all princes are that weight conscious?! Well, you're wrong apparantly. I've been asking guy friends if they would prefer a 2-D girl with the figure of a washing board, or a terribly fleshy 3-D girl with a tummy and some grab-able boobs. All but one guy responded that they would prefer the former to the latter. So guys, especially Singaporean guys, have a thing for skinny girls. If you're wondering who that exceptional man is, well he is my dear Alec. And it's not difficult to understand why he chose the fleshy and tummilicious girl - he wanted to demonstrate consistency in his choice and his preference. Wails.

Anywayz, an effective solution shoiuld address the high leverage point and in the case, that's Exercise & Diet. People in general find this area a challenge due to a variety of reasons. These reasons can be analysed by using the MARS tool.

M for Motivation
Do I see any benefit in exercise and restricting food intake? Yes.
But why am I not doing so? Inertia. Lack of incentive. Plain laziness. I love to eat.
Solution: Buy new sports bra, new sports shoes, weight, caps, socks, and top, work out with engaging friends e.g. Alec's mum, avoid working out with friends who will psycho u to stop and tell u that u deserve a sumptous breakfast e.g. Alec. Ha!

Ability
Are you physically fit? Do you have the ability to resist the temptation of good food?
Fitness wise, I'm quite average. But no! Can't resist good food.
Solution: Think Big, Start Small! Start by brisk walking, then slow jog, and then increase your pace and distance gradually. The important thing is to be consistent. With regards to the intake of food, take fruits and vege before carbo and proteins. Eat small portions and chew well.

Role
Do you see exercise and diet as important responsibilities of a human being?
Errr... yes?

After the rigorous analysis, I arrived at my Blanket Solution - to restart my exercise and diet regime by putting on my prettiest sporting gear as a form of motivation, exercise with people who are highly engaging and distract you from fatigue, start eating fruits before my meals and learn to chew my food really slowly.

Just went for a 5km jog with Alec's mum and it is then that I realise I'm trapped in another vicious cycle.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The more I eat, the more weight I gain. The more weight I gain, the more I should exercise. The more I exercise, the hungrier I am. The hungrier I am, the more I eat. And the more I eat, the more weight I gain...

Bloody Hell.

Direct Link to this Post

Image hosted by Photobucket.com @ 10:26 AM

2 . . Comments

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


2 Comments:

  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger Le Learn said…

    I am constantly amazed by how ure able to write crap around credible concepts. Guess that's called applying wat you learnt...

     
  • At 11:06 PM, Blogger JayNe said…

    kekeke... Not easy u know. Don't try this at home.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home